Dear First Church Community,
I write following the Government’s announcement that our part of the country will remain at Alert Level 2. This means we can continue to gather for worship providing appropriate public health measures in place. We have been at Level 2 before, and First Church managed very well and I am confident that we can do so once again.
We understand that some people may choose not to gather , and others will be unable to join us on Sunday due to underlying health concerns. Please continue to look after your health and follow the advice of medical professionals.
- If you are unwell, or have someone unwell in your home, please stay at home and contact your GP or HealthLine
- Contact tracing is required. QR codes for the NZ Covid Tracer app are available as well as a paper record for those who cannot use the app.
- We will not have regular door duty to make space for contact tracing and hand sanitizing.
- We ask that you use the front door if possible. If you have mobility issues, we can open the side door for you.
- When you arrive and leave, please sanitize your hands.
- Every second pew will be closed to enable physical distancing. Household groups need to be 1 metre apart.
- In the service, we will not be passing the peace, taking up an offering or shaking the minister’s hand at the door. We will have an offering at the door for those who give in this way.
- Toilets are available in Burns Hall. Please use hand sanitizer provided. Otherwise Burns Hall is closed.
- Between the services hard surfaces need to be wiped (door handles, backs of pews etc).
- Unfortunately, we are unable to share a cup of tea/food in Burns Hall following the service. We will resume this when we return to Level 1.
- The Heritage Centre remains closed until further notice.
Thank you for your help in enabling us to remain open through Level 2 by following these measures. They do represent a change from our usual practices, however it will be wonderful to gather together as a community to worship God.
I look forward to seeing you on Sunday.
Grace and Peace
Rev Ed Masters