I write on behalf of the First Church Session to announce that Session have agreed to resume worship services from this Sunday, May 31.
The Government’s announcement that gatherings of up to 100 can resume with appropriate public health measures in place means that we can now gather to worship for our regular services at 10am, 12pm and 2pm. We will have a range of measures in place, which are described below.
We understand that some people may choose not to gather yet, and others will be unable to join us on Sunday due to underlying health concerns. Please continue to look after your health and follow the advice of medical professionals. We want you to be able to still engage with the life of the church, so we will video of the 10am service and upload this to the website following the services on Sunday afternoon.
- If you are unwell, or have someone unwell in your home, please stay at home.
- Please consider arriving a little early so there is time to complete all the contact tracing requirements.
- We will not have regular door duty to make space for contact tracing and hand sanitizing.
- We ask that you use the front door if possible. If you have mobility issues, we can open the side door for you.
- When you arrive and leave, please sanitize your hands.
- Your name will be ticked off a list, or fill out a contact tracing form upon arrival. If a queue forms, please stay at least a metre away from other people.
- Every second pew will be closed to enable physical distancing. Please sit at least 1 metre from other worshipers.
- In the service, we will not be passing the peace, taking up an offering or shaking the minister’s hand at the door.
- Toilets are available in Burns Hall. Please use hand sanitizer when entering and exiting the bathroom. Otherwise Burns Hall is closed.
- Following each service hard surfaces need to be wiped (door handles, backs of pews etc). If you are happy to help, please let me know.
- Unfortunately, we are unable to share a cup of tea/food in Burns Hall following the service. We hope to resume this in the near future
- The Heritage Centre remains closed until further notice.
Thank you for your help in enabling us to reopen through following these measures. They do represent a change from our usual practices, however it will be wonderful to gather together as a community to worship God.
I look forward to seeing you on Sunday.
Grace and Peace
Rev Ed Masters